Stimulating Careers for Innovative People
Maritime Applied Physics Corporation is an employee-owned company. We depend on the intelligence, initiative, creativity
, diligence, and conscientious attention to detail
of our entire staff of engineers, technicians, and administrators. We have grown steadily since the early days of the company, and are frequently hiring people who fit our model of independent thinking
within a strong team
MAPC is looking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
1) Job Title:
Senior Electrical Engineer
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Maritime Applied Physics Corporation (MAPC) is a Baltimore based engineering research, development and manufacturing company focused on advanced marine technologies including unmanned aerial and surface vehicles, control systems, renewable energy, machinery systems and much more.
MAPC has an opening for a full time (40hr/wk) Senior Engineer with strong technical capabilities in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, and Software and Automation
, to work on a variety of interesting projects across the company portfolio. The preferred candidate will: be capable of leading multi-disciplinary project teams as either a technical lead or project manager; have a passion for developing straight forward solutions to complex problems; be able to dive deeply into hardware when necessary; effectively communicate; balance technical scope, cost and time demands; mentor and manage teammates, and interface with clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following elements:
- Technical Execution:
- Solves Complex technical problems with advice and guidance from Principal Engineers when necessary.
- Is capable of solving straightforward technical problems independently.
- Has the ability to move freely between first principles analysis and complex software “canned” solution analysis. Has a strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each and knows when and where to use each software approach.
- Has developed an intuitive capability to solve technical problems, rapidly converge on optimum technical solutions, and to effectively develop team approaches to problem solving.
- Has the personal perspective and demonstrated ability to work within highly collaborative technology development teams.
- Technical Project Management:
- Plans, reviews and controls the execution of all levels of project elements including technical execution, scope control, budgets, and schedules.
- Coordinates project level work efforts within MAPC including directing engineers, interfacing with technical personnel for the fabrication, assembly and testing of hardware as necessary.
- Works with project sponsor representatives to meet their expectations and to limit scope creep and other external factors that lead to uncompensated efforts.
- Works with sponsors to develop follow on and new efforts that are mutually beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have the following technical skills:
- Future work initiatives:
- Coordinates with Program Managers to pursue projects that are strategic in producing improved MAPC capabilities including technical expertise and manufacturing and research facilities.
- Leads teams in proposal writing and contract negotiation efforts.
- Develops technical approaches and budget and schedule estimates for solicitations under consideration.
The preferred candidate will also have:
- Development of automated control and machinery systems including aspects of electrical engineering, embedded systems, software, and control systems
- Software and firmware development skills
- High and low level programming languages including C/C++, Python, MATLAB/SIMULINK, LabVIEW, machine and assembly language in C/C++ Linux
- Experience with single board computers, system on chip, and/or system on module devices and embedded Linux
- Integration of microprocessor and microcontroller-based hardware with sensors, actuators, and peripherals for basic system health and status monitoring, autopilots controls, payloads interfaces, data acquisition and more
- Have experience with real time operating systems and proficiency in Windows and Linux build environments including command line and shell commands
- Have experience with developing firmware for real-time I2C, SPI, USB, UART, and other serial protocols
- Have experience with networked communication using TCP/IP, CAN, DDS, UDP, NMEA2000
- Design and modeling of electrical and control systems using tools such as SPICE and MATLAB Simulink
- Have experience in basic control theory implementations such as PID
- Experience with hands on electrical prototyping, testing, and debugging in the lab and field
- Familiar with issue tracking and software version control (using Git or similar)
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a focus on documentation
- Experience in system modeling and simulation
- Experience in linear and nonlinear control theory implementation
- A Security Clearance or an ability to obtain a clearance
Benefits and other details:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an ABET accredited school.
- US Citizen
- Flexible work schedules and four weeks (160 hours) of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with generous company contributions.
- 401k program with company contribution in Employee Stock
- Education reimbursement
- Additional benefits available (see benefits sheet)
MAPC is an Employee-Owned company with a strong grow-from-within philosophy that offers exceptional opportunities for career progression. Information on our company can be found at www.mapcorp.com
. Please email your resume to David Appold at firstname.lastname@example.org
: MAPC is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to restricted information.
MAPC participates in E-Verify.
We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.